Monday, October 31, 2005

Who put Halloween the night before weigh-in??

Barb, I'm with you completely! I had no problem keeping out of the candy until tonight, but once it was in the bowl for trick-or-treaters I lost my restraint. I've had two packages of Skittles, two or three of M&Ms, some gummy Savers, a bunch of Alexander's popcorn (the movie theater downtown was handing that out), and a lollipop I inherited from him as well. Actually, now that I write it out, it doesn't seem as bad as I thought it was, but it's still not good. But I think it was a lot worse last year. When I bought candy this year, I thought about what the kids would eat forever rather than what I wanted to eat forever, and I bought a lot less chocolate than usual. I still bought too much -- I keep hoping we'll get a lot of people, but this year was our slowest yet. Phooey.

Before I feel too pleased with myself about what I've bought and eaten, I need to 'fess up to the IBC Cream Soda I'm drinking, too. I bought these in August and have only had one since our diet started in September, but there were still two left, and with all the other sugar around I was craving one, so I caved. Sad how easily I caved, too.

I don't remember all my food from yesterday, but I kept it mostly reasonable. Dinner was a little higher fat than usual, because we had an African-themed dinner as part of a social studies lesson, and it consisted of chicken legs (cooked with a fig-based sauce), papaya stir-fried rice (actually papaya and pineapple, because I couldn't find just papaya, but it was very yummy), and fried plantains (kind of bland, so I only ate two or three slices, but Mary loved them). And I had a slice of cake for dessert (there were two dessert recipes, but both involved dates, and Mary doesn't care for dates). Today I had my usual breakfast, lunch of a turkey, provolone, and lettuce sandwich on whole wheat, and leftovers of last night's dinner. I had no planned snacks, just the junk food.

I haven't exercised since Saturday morning, except for trailing after the kids in the downtown trick-or-treating, which isn't exactly strenuous, except on the soles of my feet!

My weight has been solidly down all week, so I hope tomorrow's number won't be too bad. We'll see!

No comments: