Saturday, October 22, 2005

Welcome, Barb!

I'm so glad you decided to join us!

I'm not serving as a very good example lately, I know. I was up to 149 this morning--probably due to the fact that we finished off the crumb cake yesterday, and we had fried perch for supper, as well. I had planned on doing something healthier with it, but I couldn't think what--and Dick told me that frying is the way to go with perch. I did have a small baked potato with only a little Smart Balance on it, and asparagus and a green salad. We have decided for heart health to have a daily glass of wine, preferably red, although we both prefer white. Then we read that people who drink more fruit and vegetable juices have less cancer (than what, I wonder?), so I think I should up my juice intake. But those things add calories. The weather is keeping us from walking, and my joints scream when I consider joining you young'uns in exercise videos. (I cantored this afternoon and one of the altar boys stole my red kneeling cushion, so I was kneeling on bare marble. I should have pushed him off!)

Today I ate my normal breakfast and lunch, and then I didn't want to face the leftover fried fish yet, so we had pizza for dinner and I ate two pieces. I also had broccoli and a green salad and we finished off the bottle of wine--a glass and a third each--. For snack this afternoon I had about ten almonds. I found out yesterday that the serving size of shredded wheat is 11 squares. They don't even cover the bottom of the bowl! I must eat a double serving. maybe I can gradually cut back.

Barb, is it a Houston niece who is getting married in Philadelphia? The only single niece I can figure you have on the Froman side is Ally, and so far as I know she is single but not engaged. And she doesn't live in Philadelphia. But if you are going to Philly, I hope you will come see us--we are not very far away and have plenty of room for visitors!

No comments: