Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Yay Julie!!

Good Job!

It sounds like what you have eaten recently is exactly what Katie and I have been shooting for each day. It seems to really make a difference.


I do believe what the French woman says - to a certain degree. I couldn't do an hour of exercise a day either - I get WAY too bored. And you are right, it is worse than a chore. It isn't so bad once you get going - but about 10-20 minutes into it I am OVER the exercise thing. I do think that if you increase your activity even a little bit each day that it will make a difference in the long run. Katie and I do about 10-25 minutes each day (when we DO get ourselves in the groove). That seems to be enough for right now - along with our better eating. But - a few months from now - if we keep ourselves going on this path - 10-20 minutes a day WON'T be enough, because our bodies will be used to that much exercise on a daily basis. Same with the French chick - her daily walking would really show if she suddenly stopped doing it - but as long as she is still doing it, it IS just part of her daily routine. If she decided to lose weight she would have to do something extra.

Katie - what was your weight last Tuesday (or Monday or Wednesday - whatever you use as your weigh-in day)? I am missing that from my chart.

Barb - I am an Excell junkie... If you want me to track your weekly progress, let me know what you want to use as your starting number, and then if you post your weight each Tuesday I will track it on my lovely, color coded chart. (What is your favorite color?)

No comments: