Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weight spike

So last week on Tuesday, I weighed in at 152.4--a nice dip compared to what I had been weighing throughout the previous week. That Tuesday dip was something I was getting used to seeing.

The past few days, I've been weighing in the 151 pound range, and even 150.6 on one memorable day. So today for weigh-in I was kind of hoping for another dip into the 150 range.

No such luck. My official Tuesday weight was 152.4--exactly the same as last week. Please give me credit for not lying and posting a different weight! This is in spite of keeping up with my exercise and eating fairly well (although not as carefully as in past weeks).

However, this spike (I refuse to even consider that I lost nothing in the past week!) has spurred me to do what I've been saying I should do for a couple of weeks--I packed a gym bag and brought it with me today so that I can either go to the gym at lunch, or go for a real walk if it isn't raining. If I want to keep losing weight, I have to do more aerobic exercise than just running two days a week.

Emily is right, though--I've noticed that my fitness level has increased more than my weight has decreased. On my run/walk this weekend, I was able to do about half of the route running, and some of the pilates moves that I just laughed at a few weeks ago I can do now (not easily, but at least an attempt! Except for that diabolical reverse push-up with one leg in the air. I can't do that at all.). And my clothes are fitting better--even some looseness in a couple of pairs of pants that were too tight before.

I'm spinning this too optimistically, aren't I? I need to get moving, avoid peach crisp and chocolate cake, and lose some weight.

Food since lunch yesterday: one taco for dinner and peach crisp; breakfast this morning was two cups of coffee, four ounces of orange juice and an eighth of a bagel with cream cheese (breakfast meeting, the purpose of which was to introduce me to people at the college, so I didn't eat at home and only got a couple of bites at the meeting).

No comments: