Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I ate junk

Last night I came home and ate nothing much at all, and most of what I ate was really not very good for me--I started with a couple of Thin Mints, then had french fries for dinner (it was the only part of the dinner that appealed to me), then an apple with soynut butter when I realized at the kids' bedtime that I hadn't eaten much of anything (the french fries were 150 calories of baked fries). Before bed, I had tea and cafe cookies again.

I did exercise, though. Pilates is so cool in that I never feel like doing it that late at night--I'm always tired and last night was particularly bad in that Connor was being the Child From Hell all night (getting into the china cabinet, dumping water on the floor, getting into goodies, and finally vomiting in the sink while the water was running, causing the sink to back up and getting the vomit all over himself, toothbrushes, toys, etc.), but once I start, I never feel like quitting halfway through and always feel better afterwards. I did the 50-minute "advanced" workout last night for the first time, and it wasn't nearly so difficult as I expected. The level of difficulty was about the same as the other videos, but it was just longer and targeted more areas. It also included a lot more warm-up/stretching exercises, so the pace was good.

This morning the scale tells me I weight 147.8. I don't believe that, but it makes yesterday's 148.6 a bit more believeable.

No comments: