Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Just bad news

My weight was up this morning, by a pound. No surprise there, though, since yesterday we ate out (had an Outback certificate to use up), and I overate -- I had some of the bloomin' onion, a caesar salad, a slice of bread with butter, a steak, and a baked potato. The only thing I can be proud of is that I drank water and I left a lot of food behind -- I only ate one smallish slice of bread, half the salad, half the steak, and a few bites of the potato. Daniel said, as we sat down to order, "It's Tuesday! We have a full week to lose it!" For shame. ;-)

When we got home there were cupcakes to decorate -- Alexander has been dying to make the Halloween cupcakes from the cover of Family Circle. So I doubtless ingested several bites of icing and at least one or two gumdrops, plus I ate one mini-cupcake (barely a mouthful) that didn't fit into the tupperware afterwards. And Daniel made ice cream (by then it was 3.5 hours after dinner) so I had some of that, too!

I wasn't as bad during the day, although I didn't exercise because Cecilia ran a low fever during the day (and the night before) and I thought she might be getting Alexander's bug, so I didn't want to expose the gym nursery to her illness. But she seemed fine by dinner time (she was in a great mood through most of it) so we figured she was OK for the restaurant. (I know; I'm just rationalizing!) I had my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and a few bites of macaroni, and snacks of a banana and some almonds. Could have been worse, I guess. Today we WILL exercise, between piano and swimming time!

No comments: