Thursday, October 13, 2005

Another day without exercise

Alexander is still sick, and yesterday I was in worse shape as well. It really seems to be just a cold with me, but it's affecting my equilibrium. Anyway, I couldn't take Alexander to the gym yesterday because he was so sick (poor thing -- the only symptom seems to be his low-grade fever, but it's making him very lethargic) and I again failed to come up with an alternative. It was very difficult to rouse myself to exercise when I felt so off-balance. Today I weighed 162, and a drop of two pounds in two days makes me worry that I'm losing muscle! So I'm going to get exercise today one way or another. Not that I'm really complaining about the number itself -- that 162 means I've met my Thanksgiving goal of being back to my prepregnancy weight, and it's not even Halloween yet!

Daniel is amazing -- he went to the gym after the kids were in bed last night. He is also seeing his weight drop. And he has given up soda and alcohol except on weekends, at least for the time being -- this seems like a realistic diet change for him, and one that could have a substantial impact (especially giving up the soda!).

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast, lunch of tuna and toast (white bread -- I wanted to have a slice of that homemade bread toasted), snacks of almonds and a piece of string cheese, and dinner of brunswick stew and a half slice of toast (same bread), with milk to drink. I again didn't protest when Daniel brought out the ice cream -- it really does feel great on my raw throat. But I should serve it myself -- he fixes more for me than I would for myself.

No comments: