Sunday, October 23, 2005

15 cases of Girl Scout Cookies

That's what's staring me in the eye as I write this--we picked up our cookies this morning and they take up a lot of floor space! I'm going to try to get them divided up into individual orders and out the door (except our own 12 boxes!) within a couple of days. It took Connor about five minutes to find the Thin Mints. That child has an excellent memory!

Welcome, Barb! I'm glad you joined us--I think that that the more people I think are "watching" me (and the more support, of course), the better I behave.

So yesterday was rainy and cold so I didn't get out for a run in the morning, then I spent forever at Joann's getting fabric for Connor's Halloween costume--I had to wait in line for an hour and a half just to get the material cut! I called Brian while I was waiting and asked him to put together something healthy for me to eat for lunch since I knew I'd have just enough time to eat before heading out again, but when I got home he hadn't made anything so I ended up eating the leftover chicken and sesame noodles. I spent the afternoon in the rain at a Brownie campfire. We were under a pavilion, but everything was damp to sodden (including the firewood). But we had fun, and I ate a s'more. You can't NOT eat a s'more at one of these things. But it was the tiniest s'more I had ever seen--one graham cracker, one marshmallow, and 2 squares of chocolate). Dinner was stir fried chicken and a ton of vegetables with steamed rice, and Connor snagged my Skinny Cow right out of my hand, so I didn't get dessert. Good boy. In the evening I forced myself to do a pilates video--I was more tired than usual (Connor had me up from 2 till 4 in the morning, completing a full week of not sleeping normally at night) and didn't feel like moving, but it turned out to be my best session yet--I was able to do almost all of the moves with good control.

This morning I got up, vacuumed, made coffee, ran 3.5 miles, came home and had breakfast (Nutrigrain bar), took a shower, and finished getting dressed right around the time the rest of my lazy family was dragging themselves out of bed. I'm SO virtuous. These Thin Mints are really good. Do you know there are four of them in a serving?

I made really good time with my morning run, thanks to a large German shepherd that chased me part of the way. Why don't people keep their dogs contained and teach them that the road isn't their property? It's bad enough that every dog barks like I'm a home invader, but this dog I think had been let out to do his business by owners who were too lazy to get dressed and take the dog outside themselves--he came running at me across two yards (at which point I quickly crossed the street and slowed to a walk) and followed me until I passed his house, then he went back to his yard and stayed in front of the porch. The owners probably think he's a good dog because he sticks close to home. Idiots. But the adrenaline surge kept me going pain-free for a while!

No comments: