Friday, October 07, 2005

I bought healthy snacks but it didn't help

Yesterday I had the usual breakfast (with whole milk, since we were out of skim!!, and sans OJ, since I didn't have any water chilled to mix it and was too lazy to use ice or to wait for it to get cold in the fridge). For lunch I had yogurt and a piece of bread (speaking of lazy -- I couldn't even be bothered to toast and butter it). We went grocery shopping in the afternoon and I bought skim milk, string cheese, and some expensive dry-roasted almonds because they were cheaper than the almonds from the produce section and I didn't have time to get to Walmart where almonds are vaguely affordable. So for snacks I had a piece of string cheese, ten almonds, and a handful of raisins. For dinner I made chili (with ground turkey -- it's really a very low-fat meal) which I served over brown rice. After choir practice and the kids' bedtime I was hungry again so I didn't protest when Daniel brought out the cheese dip again -- oh, no! He has sworn that tonight he won't do that.

I also didn't exercise yesterday. Or, rather, I did, but only for about three minutes. It was dry most of yesterday and just misty when we left for Brownies, and Alexander was protesting the idea of the gym, so I said I'd put him and Cecilia in the stroller and go for a walk instead. Well, after one very short block the mist had turned into a light sprinkle, and after a second it was a drizzle, and by the time we'd gone three and we were almost back to our car it was a full-blown rain, so I gave up. I didn't have gym clothes with me and by the time I got home there wasn't time to do anything, so I took care of the laundry, stirred the crock pot, and headed back out to get Mary. I hate wasted blocks of time like that!

My weight hasn't gone up by much this week but it certainly hasn't gone down. Time to get back on the wagon -- sounds like we ALL need a pep talk!

No comments: