Monday, October 24, 2005

Another Monday

Hi Barb! I'm the pseudo-family member also participating in the blog.

This weekend was one of the best I have had foodwise in a while, and we even ate out on Saturday. I thought I picked the omlette that DIDN'T have the cheese sauce over it but I made a mistake because it came with cheese all over it. I scraped as much off as possible--I don't like egg-colored sauces over my eggs...I can never tell when they aren't cooked if the runny part that is sauce looks just like runny egg.

I decided to buy all natural yogurt yesterday at the grocery store--I had read this article that most fat free yogurts just load up on gelatin and fake sugars in place of the fat so they aren't as healthy as they seem, so I decided to give it a shot since I am an advice column junkie. (You'd think I'd be in great shape if I took all the advice that I read...) Well, all natural yogurt is weird. Much tangier tasting than the other stuff, and very lumpy. It even separates a little in the container when you first open it. I managed to eat it with a few tablespoons of granola stirred in, but I am not sure if I could do it otherwise.

The veggie lasagna from Let's Dish is excellent. We ate that last week. Only 6 WW points per serving too. I made the Moroccan beef stew yesterday and that was also delicious. I think Lets Dish has been helping us (Joe & I ) managed our portion sizes since I usually package things in 2's, or if I don't, I know how many nights it has to last so I divvy it up better.

Still my downfall is the time between when I get home from work and when you gets home and we can actually have dinner. I need to fill that time up better.

Some of those Girl Scout cookies are mine...they are going straight to the freezer!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You should try using that lumpy yogurt in a fruit smoothie. If you whomp it in a blender with fruit for long enough, the lumps couldn't survive.