Monday, October 17, 2005

Shivering burns calories, right?

I'm freezing today! This office has just gotten colder and colder since I started. Today the thermostat says that it's 55 degrees in here. I'm drinking coffee just to keep my hands warm. But in the downstairs offices, it's too warm so we can't warm it up here without smoking them out of their offices. I need a space heater.

Katie and I have a new challenge going, just between ourselves: we've both been hovering between the same two numbers on the scale--151.6 and 152.4. So we decided yesterday that the first one of us to break the 150 mark on a Tuesday weigh-in wins a $5 prize from the other one of us.

Of course if I keep eating like I did this weekend, that'll be a long time from now for me! At the Friday picnic the food was disgusting, so I ate a roll, a salad, and a slice of turkey. Then because I was really hungry and they looked really good, I had a brownie smothered in chocolate chips. I came home on Friday and was like The Very Hungry Caterpillar--I ate a piece of chicken barbeque pizza, two small slices of apple pizza, cider (the N/A kind), a bowl of popcorn, and two Hershey's kisses. Saturday, knowing I'd be going pumpkin picking, I kept breakfast small and then had a pulled pork barbeque for lunch (with a Diet Coke), pretzles for snack in the afternoon, and black beans and rice with a spinach salad for dinner. Then more popcorn while we watched a movie that night. On Sunday I went running in the morning so I didn't have breakfast. I had a soynut butter sandwich for lunch, pecan pie mid-afternoon, and an omlette with spinach and tomatoes for dinner. Before bed I was still hungry, so I had a nutri-grain bar.

My exercise plan for this week is pretty much the same as last week--I'll go to the gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do pilates at home four or five days during the week. Oh, I also decided that since I'm not losing weight quickly, I'd need another way to measure progress, so I took body measurements on Friday to track shrinkage, if any. I had measured a few weeks ago when I set up My Virtual Model, but I tried logging on today and couldn't find those measurements, so I'm not sure if I've made any progress in the past couple of weeks in that area.

No comments: