Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Everyone needs a nursing baby

I was 161.5 this morning, my lowest yet. I've never gone on a diet while nursing before because you need to keep up the calories to be able to feed the baby, and it's tough to find the balance (and it was a good excuse to eat whatever I wanted, truth be told). But I've been keeping up the calories by not really dieting much, just switching out unhealthy snacks for healthy ones (and I've stopped thinking about the junk food during the day, I've found), and I've been focusing more on exercise (though this past week is a bad example). And I have to say -- losing weight with a baby at the breast is SO EASY! I need to keep knocking myself out to stay on the diet and exercise kick while she's still getting most of her nutrition from me, because I love seeing the pounds melt away this way.

I have officially reached my pre-pregnancy weight (and passed it by a tiny bit), and now I can start aiming for my next goal -- my pre-Alexander weight of 157ish. Then I need to aim for my post-IS THAT WHAT I WEIGH???-low of 151 (last seen in March of 2003), and then my post-honeymoon weight of 145 (last seen in 1994), and then it's a straight shot to my wedding day weight of 135. I should see that sometime next summer, if all goes well. Ha.

No comments: