Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm switching my weigh-in day!

OK, so this Tuesday weigh-in thing is just NOT working for me. For starters, I am way too busy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with prepping for choir to really have time to read or post on the blog. Additionally, I've discovered that I'm normally at a lower weight on Monday than I am on Tuesday. So from here out I'm going to start doing my weigh in on Monday. Any complaints?

So, after feeling completely stuck at 154, I have finally broken my plateau (yes, I know, I know, it wasn't technically a plateau, but I felt like it was). Yesterday I weighed in at 151.8 for the second day in a row. Today I was 152.6. pphhhbbbbttt. Stupid Tuesday weigh-in. See what I mean? And I thought for sure I'd be less today because I got my period yesterday and thought I'd drop some of my bloating weight. No such luck. But still! I'm happy with the 152, I guess. Maybe I'll try Emily's multiple weigh-ins technique, and see what I come up with!

Today has been ok, food-wise. I had cereal and milk for breakfast. A pear snack. Turkey and cheese and about 3 pounds of lettuce on light 7-grain bread for lunch. Triscuits for snack. I still have a bag of baby carrots and applesauce to eat. I ate my breakfast late because I got caught up with work before school and forgot to eat then, and it's really impossible to eat cereal while teaching, so I had to wait until I had a break at 10:45 to eat that. So I guess that's not great.

Amy, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't be opposed to cutting back a few calories from our daily intake, but I don't know where we can cut them. We really do need to be eating three meals and two snacks a day in order to keep our metabolism up. What we could cut out is that munchie snack we have (the Triscuits or the pistachio nuts), but I know you feel very unsatisfied if we don't have it. I got some grapes this most recent shopping trip, do you think that would work for the munchie type snack?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie, I had the same thing happen last week when my period started--I went from 154.4 on Tuesday to 155.6 on Wednesday when my period started and then the next day, I was down to 153.8 and then I went down steadily from there.

Emily said...

Hey, I used the multiple weigh-ins to get a higher weight, not a lower one! I also have a scale that weighs by half pounds, not fancy tenths -- and it's eleven or so years old, which is elderly by scale standards, so I have to give it a chance to make up for a bit of senility.