Thursday, October 13, 2005

So Close!

This morning I was 207 even. That is my lowest now - but only bt .2 - and it doesn't really count since it isn't weigh in day.

OK - I am reminding myself that my goal has been - and will be - a long term one. I want to lose weight slowly, change my habits, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I am shooting for five pounds a month! That means I still have plenty of time to get to 205.4 by November 6th. That is what I want.

You see, if I remind myself it isn't so discouraging to see the numbers change so slowly.

Actually, I still feel really good about this whole process. I am LOVING the new way of eating. It tastes good, it makes me feel good, and it is satisfying. I like it - no LOVE it - that it is becoming second nature to me. At no point have I felt deprived because I am on a diet. In the beginning I was proud of myself if I could go a whole day without straying from my set menu. Now, it seems I am rarely even tempted to stray.

I know since Katie and I are working on this together it is easier for us. It is really nice having "in-house" support. But - hang in there all of you! Take a few minutes to remind yourself that five weeks is impressive for us all to still be on track - but it is only the beginning - which is a GOOD thing!!

No comments: