Thursday, October 06, 2005

Secret Stash

For the record, the "secret stash" of gumdrops Amy referenced is in no way secret--I know I mentioned it in one previous post, and I think maybe in two, fully admitting that I overindulged.

I think my weekend behavior and gumdrop indulgence (not to mention Connor's leftover doughnut) finally caught up with me--yesterday I was down to 151.6 and today I was back up to 152.8. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just a fluke, but I haven't been as careful in the past few days with my intake as I should be. I'm fine during the day, but I weaken in the evening when I come home from work tired and hungry. Last night Claire and I got dinner while we were grocery shopping, so after a day of cereal, cottage cheese, fruit, whole wheat crackers, and almonds, I ended up with pizza for dinner. It turns out that a slice of pizza from Sam's Club is closer to two regular slices. I only ate half of it (Claire ate all of hers, the little greedy pig-dog) but I still think it was too much, just judging by how filling it was. But knowing that I'm going to have to report what I eat each day keeps me from giving in and eating everything in sight. Same thing with the exercise--sometimes the only thing that makes me drag myself downstairs to exercise after putting the kids to bed is knowing that I'll be able to report that I did so. Which I did yesterday (Pilates Abs workout), in addition to walking for 20 minutes or so during lunch (although it was hardly a workout, as I was wearing heels).

No comments: