Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm going to get that embelllishment.

Another 35 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, this time with my iPod so it wasn't so boring. I jogged non-stop for half of the time. Then I did the pilates abs workout in the evening. So that's four days in a row of exercise (counting Sunday), and I brought my stuff for another gym visit today. Tomorrow I won't be able to go to the gym since the college is closing from noon to 5:00 (35th anniversary party), but I should be able to do something in the evening. I read this morning in one of those fluff pieces in Fitness magazine that people who listen to music while they work out tend to work out 24% longer than people who don't listen to music.

The kick in the butt that I always give myself to get myself exercising (which I really don't want to do--sitting still and staring into space is MUCH more fun than running with nothing chasing you) is just to remind myself that exercise in theory is much worse than exercise in practice--I hate getting myself going to exercise, but once I'm in the middle of it, it isn't too bad, and then I can feel all virtuous afterwards that it's done and out of the way.

But you are all cordially invited to my house for a trampoline party (should be fun with the leaves falling!) anytime you want, only we'll call it a pylometric workout so it sounds better. Then we can pick the last of the tiny tomatoes I have, if there are any left. I think the green beans are all dead or overgrown.

Food yesterday--I already reported breakfast and lunch; dinner was weird because I got home from work and had to turn around and go out again for a meeting at church, so I didn't have time for dinner but I was really hungry so I ate a nutri-grain bar on the way. When I got home, Brian had made spaghetti for dinner, but since I had just had that (more or less) for lunch, I made myself an omlette with fresh spinach.

Breakfast today was cereal again. I had to pack lunch and snacks quickly, so I ended up with all snack food to get me through the day--another nutri-grain bar, string cheese, walnuts, grapes, and an apple. I think I might invest in some Lean Cuisine meals so I won't get so bored with my lunch food.

No comments: