Sunday, October 30, 2005

Long Time No Post!

Hey guys!

It has been a while since I posted - I know - but I still read almost every day. It has been particularly busy at work the past few days - and I have been worried about getting ready for Halloween when I am at home. We also had two gigs this weekend - so that kept us busy also.


Katie and I have been JUST AWFUL about exercising. Last week I think we only worked out twice (maybe three times). I have been busy and on my feet a lot (which, for me with a desk job is actually a good thing) but we really can't count that as exercise. I have to get moving again. The painting project was great for exercise, but it got us out of the habit of REAL exercise. I can tell you right now that tomorrow for Halloween I probably won't do an formal exercise, but I can promise you I will get plenty of walking in.

Today I am at TESSCO. I am (on) the Halloween committee and so Kristy and I are meeting this morning to decorate the airlock on the way into the building. We are turning it into a Haunted House - but I don't think we actually have enough supplies - so we will probably spend time running around trying to find hang-y things and fog machine juice.

My weight is still on its way down. This morning it was 204.2!! Yippee!!! I feel great! I keep telling myself that it really isn't THAT good. When I first hit the 200's I am SURE I didn't think it was a good thing. For so long my weight has been steadily creeping up. When I started at TESSCO 6 years ago I was maybe in my 180's - which, of course, was too high. I gained actively for about 4 years. Then I really started trying to watch my weight and I slowed the increase down in the past two years. For my annual this year my weight was very slightly lower than last year and last year was about the same as the year before. SO - I was gaining about 10 pounds a year for a while. THAT means losing 10 pounds in 2 months really is great progress for me. I just hope I can keep it up! I would love to be 160-ish again - or even lower. I can say that my clothes are definitely fitting better - and my face looks slightly thinner. That was one of the things I didn't like about my weight gain - my face was so saggy looking. I have always had a perfect oval face - and now it is like a long rectangle. Soon - soon, maybe it will be oval again. My extra chin is almost all gone now too. Maybe I will start to be photogenic again. 8-) See - I have lots of goals, all accomplished through this one major task!

Eating has still been consistent with me - although we desperately need to go grocery shopping. We are out of about everything! I didn't eat enough vegetables yesterday - or fruit for that matter, but I got some of each of them, which is again MAJOR progress for me. I haven't eaten ANY of the $50 worth of Halloween candy we have in our living room - but I ate 3 Tagalongs yesterday. Remember guys - three cookies (or 4 even) is NORMAL. It is the BOX or two that is not right. That we have all stopped doing. We are making progress!!

No comments: