Sunday, October 30, 2005

Weekend update

I can't remember when I posted last. Thursday, I think? I had a pretty good week, although my evenings were consistently bad as far as food goes. I was able to keep up with exercising, though, and even though I didn't have the healthiest food, I at least didn't eat too much of any of it. My Friday trip to the gym was cut short by a call from daycare, this time Claire's daycare. She was feverish, chills, white as a ghost, and needed to be picked up. I was five minutes from finishing my run on the treadmill when I got the call, but at least I had bumped up the speed not long before that, so I ended up burning as many calories as I would have in my normal workout. My weight stayed in the low 148-range, twice getting down to below 148 during the week.

Saturday was nearly a complete bust--I didn't have any real meal until dinnertime. Up until then, I kind of snacked all day, only some of it healthy (half a melon, nutri-grain bar) and too many girl scout cookies. I put the rest of the cookies into the freezer. Dinner was decent--fish with mango salsa, saffron rice, asparagus, and tomato and pepper salad, but then I had TWO beers and half a bag of microwave popcorn while watching a movie.

This morning I vowed to be better. I got up and went for a run early, ate one waffle for breakfast (not the best, but Claire didn't want both of hers), crackers, a slice of cheese, and a quarter of a melon for lunch, and almonds for snack. I also did a pilates workout because I was feeling so bad about not exercising on Saturday. I can really tell a difference in strength now when I exercise--I'm able to get through the workouts fairly easily and have started working on increasing resistance and improving my form to make them more effective. I noticed last night when Connor was making us do Wiggles songs that I can do the dances now without getting exhausted! And when I go running, I am able to actually run most of the route. There's only one long stretch (the uphill bit of Frederick Road) that I walk most of the way, so I'm probably running at least 3/4 of the route.

And now I have to get back to Halloween preparations!

No comments: