Thursday, October 20, 2005

bads days are to be expected

I don't plan on quitting either. I think that when you hit a plateau or things aren't going as well as hoped (or were going) you tend to look at all the negatives. Weight has been a lifetime struggle for me, and even if I lose every pound I need to its not like it is going to get any easier to maintain it. I might be 90 and still need to tap into this blog every day for moral support and reality checks! I'll just have to figure out waht my true equilibrium weight is and be happy with that. The Gap is never going to call me and beg me to model their low riders, that's for sure! It's the usual ebb and flow--you get really excited and gung-ho about something at first, and then the novelty wears off and you have to readjust your plans based on what's realistic.

Yesterday and today I did ok with eating. I am planning for today to go better than yesterday. Too many snacks. Both days I took a 20-25 minute walk at lunch time as well. I need to get some different shoes though...my shins kill me after I am done from walking on the sidewalks. Something with better shock absorption...

I haven't been counting calories, but I have been trying to stick within my WeightWatchers points range. I've also been reading that book called "French Women Don't Get Fat" for motivation. It's pretty good. She's all about quality over quantity and not taking all your indulgences away, just limiting them. That's the part I need to get better at--working myself away from what she calls "offenders"--the sugary, fatty yummy stuff that I just love so that they are treats and not the norm.

No comments: