Monday, October 24, 2005

Biting my nails

I don't seem to have any real sense of how I'm doing from day to day--my mind and body are saying one thing and the scale always seems to show another. I wasn't very careful overall this weekend (waffles! s'mores! cookies! beer! It's just a big empty calorie fest!), or as active as I'd like to have been, and last night and this morning I was feeling sluggish and bloated, so I expected to see a spike on the scale this morning. Instead, I was at my lowest point yet (in this process, not in life!). But in previous weeks, I'd be feeling pretty good about things--sticking to my healthy/low-cal eating, working out vigorously and often and that's when I'd see my weight seem to jump overnight. It just doesn't make sense.

All of this is setting me up to not be disappointed tomorrow--with my weight so low today, I really don't know what to expect tomorrow, but I'm worried there will be another spike, and I know from previous experience that NOTHING I do today will make any real difference in tomorrow's weight (except avoiding Immodium).

In any event, today was cereal for breakfast, then Amy and Katie talked me out of a pumpkin spice latte, but I still wanted something (being freezing here again today and I only got four hours of sleep last night, again thanks to Connor!) so I had a skim vanilla latte (half the calories). Lunch was spinach salad, yogurt, and pretzles. I'm eating an apple now. I don't know what dinner will be yet, but it'll involve ground beef.

I put in 2.2 miles on the treadmill, and tonight I'll do one of the pilates videos. I also keep meaning to measure the distance I walk in a day--it's a pretty fair hike from the parking area to my building and back, and another hike to the gym.

No comments: