Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's going the wrong way!!!

Oh dear! for the past three days my weight has been just a tad higher than it was the day before. Now - today I know was ALL MY FAULT! Yesterday Bonefish (our favorite bar and restaurant) was donating 100% of their profits for the day to the Katrina relief fund. So - OF COURSE we had to go eat and drink there. I was very good - refused the bread and oil again, only had two drinks, and had tilefish with spinach - then Katie and I split the mashed potatoes that came with it (maybe a 1/4 of a cup each) and split the steamed veggies that came with her dinner. All in all it was a pretty healthy way to eat - and VERY yummy. But - what is it? I think restaurants must spray their food with butter before they send it out because no matter what healthy food you order it comes with this really yummy light coating of...something - that makes it restaurant food, rather than something you cooked in your kitchen.

OK - also naughty for me yesterday - no exercise. Pre-meditated "I am too tired, boo-hoo, boo-hoo" no exercise. Bad! I spent the day babysitting Connor who wasn't feeling well - and was bored. But it never occurred to me to work out!!! We walked up to Dunkin Donuts - where I had a large coffee - to which, they added half and half which I didn't order (but didn't complain about). I got a chocolate doughnut for Connor - and ate two small bites from. I didn't touch the other doughnut that I got at all! I ate one oreo when I gave Claire hers after school and three gumdrops from Sarah's secret stash (BUSTED!).

Today I am feeling bloated in addition to my weight going up. Sigh. Maybe my period will arrive soon again and save me from my fatness. 8-) I am now just about 10 pounds from being plain old overweight instead of obese - which is alarming actually.

No comments: