Sunday, October 23, 2005

Blueberry Buckle

OK... Today I ate a lot of blueberry buckle. Katie and I did Let's Dish yesterday (we counted that as our exercise - we are such cheaters, but that is hard work for two plus hours!!). Anyway - we needed to make room in the freezer, so I took out a tin of blueberry buckle to make up in the next few days. This morning we had no milk, (I should have stopped after church, but I really didn't think of it) and I didn't want my oatmeal made with water. While I was scrounging for breakfast I stuck the buckle in to bake. Then I got distracted - so, the buckle finished baking before I ate breakfast. IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME! It has lots of blueberries, and oatmeal - OK, so there is a lot of sugar and white flour too... I should say HAD and WAS - because it is all gone now. Please remember that Katie and I divide our dishes up for just the two of us - so eating a whole tin of blueberry buckle in one day is really just eating two (a little more actually) servings. OK! OK! I feel horribly guilty. (But it was very yummy.) I had that for breakfast (fruit and grain). Then I finished off the rest of it around 4pm. Sigh.

I had a heathy lunch - grilled salmon, veggies, and a very little pasta in a pesto sauce. Again - Let's Dish last month. It was very good and I am sorry that was the last of it. That is all I have eaten so far today.

This morning (before I blew it with the buckle debacle -?? Spelling, but good alliteration) I was down to 205.8. Yippee! But, I am sure I will be up again on Tuesday - that seems to be my fate.


I am going to make vegetarian lasagna for dinner tonight... At least there is no more buckle around to tempt me. Good thing I ate it all! (How is that for Catholic justification?)

No comments: