Monday, October 10, 2005

Maybe I will eat prunes today

I am with you Emily! I am dreading tomorrow's weigh in. I don't think I have made ANY progress - but... think of it this way - at least I am not back tracking.

Katie and I went out on Friday night as usual. AND - as usual - my weight dropped dramatically the next day. I was 207.2 on Saturday morning. It must be because when I go out I am moving all evening instead of sitting around reading or playing solitaire. ALso - I am not inclined to snack when I am at a bar.

Saturday was pouring down rain and miserable! Perfect hot chocolate and cookies weather. I had THE WORST munchies all day on Saturday. But I was really pretty good. I had cereal and skim milk for breakfast. Then as I was leaving my class (I snuck out early - it was too dreary to concentrate) I ate grapes and a snack bag full of pistachio nuts. When I got home (about 11:15) I had a yogurt and 8 sugared almonds. This keep me occupied until about 2 when I had reduced fat PB & pickle sandwich. Then - Katie got home from Religious Institute at about 4:30 or 5 and I was ready for dinner. We made chicken parmesan with angel hair pasta and snow peas? maybe green beans - well, some kind of veggie. I ate this in two chunks over the evening. Then at about 10:30 I had a small vanilla yogurt with mini chocolate chips and almonds stirred in. So - I was lacking on fruit - but good on dairy - and very proud of myself for my muching choices. I could have eaten the pop tarts again - but I kept remembering the reflux this time.

Sunday morning I was up to 208.2 (not too bad... but still up). I had my normal cereal and skim milk - and then nothing until tea at Mom and Dad's for Mom's birthday. I ate one (low fat) sugar cookie and a big piece of cake (well - not HUGE, in fact, smaller than I would have done in the past, but bigger than you would expect for a person trying to lose weight). That was it though. Katie and I stopped at Wegmans (a MAD house) on the way home. We bought all fruits and vegetables - and only got two little - very yummy - samples. We made shrimp with orzo and mixed vegetables for dinner a little later. Much later I had two of the left over sugar cookies and then some more pistachio nuts. I think that is all I ate yesterday. No fruit whatsoever - light on the veggies - and too many snacks. I hope to get back on track today.

Last night I took a bath and discovered that my tub is leaking - rather badly - into my dining room. Luckily not TOO much scrapbooking stuff was underneath the deluge - but a pack of photos were. They seemed to recover OK though. I have to figure out what to do about it now. Kristy said that when that happened in her house it was the seal on the drain in the tub. I hope that is all it is. Sigh. When it rains...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

When our bathtub was leaking through to our kitchen (well, backing up and then leaking), we had to get the wall and ceiling ripped out and all new pipes put in, costing us $2,000 (not including repairing the wall and ceiling).

Just a cheery bit of news for a dismal Monday morning!