Tuesday, October 25, 2005

164? Is that possible?

I have seen a significant drop this week. 164.0 this morning. Having said that, I am going to stop at Target on my way home and get a new scale. But I also have to admit this is the first week I have been extremely vigilant with my eating. Emily may think she's the worst eater, but I tend to post at my most virtuous point in the day, and then forget about the garbage I eat by the next time I post. I have good intentions...it's just a matter of following through and sometimes I fail at that.

I have been managing what I eat better this week, and following some tricks in the French women don't get fat book. This one seems to work for me--drink a glass of water before bed and then another first thing in the morning before eating breakfast. And no cheating--tea or coffee doesn't count. Plain old water. For whatever reason (magical properties of water?) it has really helped me keep from being starving before lunch. Maybe because I fill up on water and then push my breakfast back until right when I get to work? That is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour later than before. And at night I don't have the urge for the pre-bedtime snack. I've been doing this for the last week and maybe that is contributing to my big change. I plan to keep it up and see if it really is that or just a complete fluke.

I spent 15 minutes on the stair climber yesterday, and then did part of a Denise Austin video until Joe came upstairs and I had an audience... While I like the idea of spending an hour a day exercising, it just isn't realistic because I really don't enjoy it at all. It is worse than a chore. So I figure that I am going for an amount per day I can actually keep up over the long haul. I have also been trying to sneak some walking in at work, but this darn rain doesn't help me there. Plus the French lady book swears you don't have to spend an hour a day on the treadmill to maintain a reasonable weight and level of health. She says it's all about moderation. Not sure if I've totally bought into that part of the book yet...I think additional exercise is needed. The woman lives between NYC and Paris--I think she forgets she goes everywhere on foot during the day.

Food yesterday: all natural yogurt w/3 tbsp of granola for breakfast, grapes for a morning snack, pb & j on 7 grain bread (pepperidge farm light--try it--I really like it!), 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy crisps, an apple and carrots for my midafternoon snack, 2 hershey kisses, and moroccan beef stew over cous cous with a biscuit for dinner.

The plan is the same for today. I am loving pb & j for lunch on that bread. It is a little odd because I usually tire really quickly of my lunches...

And the veggie lasagna really isn't that bad unless you are eating a gigantic portion--yes it is loaded with cheese, BUT it is still only 6 weightwatchers points which is a little light for an evening meal. Most tend to be around 8. I ate that stuff 4 days last week and weighed in at my lowest point since May. Joe & I got 8 servings out of the 9 x 13 lasagna tray. We had it 3 nights for dinner, and we each took it 1 day for lunch as well.

No comments: