Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My arms hurt

I did the pilates upper body workout on Monday, which I've done several times before with no lasting damage (couldn't do some of the moves, but still didn't ache the next day), and all day yesterday and into today my arms have been achy and weak--more like they feel after actual weight lifting. So I don't know if I did something right or something wrong.

Yesterday I did the pilates 20 minute workout in the evening and went to the gym at lunchtime--did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Running on a treadmill is way easier than road running, but I can't figure out why. I broke a sweat on the treadmill, but didn't have the lungs-burning-legs-aching feeling as I do at 30 minutes when I run on the weekends, even though I set the speed and incline levels to replicate my road route. I was at the target heart rate for a cardio workout most of the time, but the "fat burning" workout (lower intensity) felt too much like a stroll in the park to me. I feel like such an idiot on a treadmill--all that moving and you get nowhere and the scenery doesn't ever change. Gets very boring.

If I have the time today (which I may not--from 11:00 to 4:00 I have 30 minutes free, but one of those meetings may not take the entire scheduled time) I'm going to the gym again. For my five-pound loss reward, I got myself a gym bag (saving the Twinkling H2O's for another time) so I'm all set--yesterday I had shoes and clothes for the workout but didn't think to bring anything like a towel, water bottle, deodorant, etc. so I felt gross all afternoon.

I was *still* at 152.4 this morning.

Oh, food--wasn't so great yesterday. I had a non-breakfast, as I reported, then pasta and veggies for lunch, grapes and walnuts for snacks (maybe I was so achy because I was short on protein), and a hot dog and pasta with broccoli for dinner. I can't believe I ate a hot dog. Yuck.

Today will be a repeat of yesterday, only I had cereal for breakfast, packed the same pasta and veggies, almonds, and grapes to eat during the day, and I have no idea what's for dinner but it'll have to be quick because I have to be at a CCD meeting at 7:00.

No comments: