Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Free Lunch!!

Well - what could I do?? You see, about once a month the Transmitter (newsletter) team gets to have a free lunch on one of the local restaurants. Then we write an article about them in the next newsletter. Cheap advertising for them. Anyway - today was Valley View Farms. I initially was going to get a Powerhouse (cheese, sprouts and lettuce on whole grain bread, but at the last minute I switched to chicken corn soup (not chowder...) with dry multigrain toast. It was good - and I don't feel like I ate TOO badly - although the sandwich probably would have been better in the long run. I am now eating my broccoli that I brought with me this morning.

OK - What do you do when you are not hungry? I have this dilemma... Back BEFORE I started this diet, it was not unusual for me to go all day without eating, and really NOT be hungry. That I knew was a problem, because basically my metabolism shut down and I would store every unhealthy calorie I consumed. Within a day or two of changing my habits I started feeling low grade hunger nudges from my belly just at the time I was supposed to eat something. I would then eat my fruit or veggie, or whole grain crackers and feel very virtuous for my wonderful healthy life style. Recently (like in the past two days)... I have noticed that I haven't been getting the little rumblely reminders. This makes me either forget to eat - or feel like maybe I shouldn't be eating when I am. I just (as I said) at my veggie snack - but didn't feel hungry at all! So - what is the RIGHT thing to do? Do I continue to "graze" all day (which seems to be working for me right now) or just eat when I feel hungry? I know after a little while of maintaining this diet I will need to cut back to keep losing - but how do I know when to do that? When I stop losing? What do you guys think?

No comments: