Monday, October 10, 2005

Winding down the day and the diet-week

I did better, food-wise, today than I have for the past several days. I had my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt and a piece of toast, snacks of almonds and raisins (reasonable portions of both), and dinner of grilled salmon (reheated -- I was saving it for salmon primavera but I couldn't get green peppers this week so I gave up on waiting, lest it go bad), baked potato with a little margarine and salt, corn, and a small caesar salad. Dinner was probably a bit too starchy with both corn and a baked potato, and croutons as well, but I hadn't had too many starches all day, so that wasn't all that bad. I did have milk to drink with dinner, and I had a very small portion of homemade chocolate ice cream (and then another even smaller portion!) so I think I overdid the dairy for the day, but I didn't hit the eat-everything-in-sight mood I've encountered recently, thank goodness.

I went to the gym and got in 35 minutes on the bike (all at level 7, yay!). Daniel and I both feel like the biking has really increased our fitness -- he went running tonight instead of going to the gym and found it was much easier than it has been in the past, just as I found the aerobics easier than I expected last week. So, even if I'm not losing weight at an alarming rate, I am still getting healthier!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and a fresh start on the diet. We've made it through five weeks as of then!

No comments: