Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Good news/bad news

Good news: my weight this morning was below 150!!!! 149.8 to be precise, and I know that this isn't official until it happens on a Tuesday and I know that it's entirely likely that I won't see that weight again for some time, but nonetheless, it was exciting.

Bad news: Connor is sick again, which means I'm skipping a lunch break today to go home early without taking too much sick time (I'm already running a sick-time deficit at work from Connor's last illness), which means that I won't get to the gym today. I won't get there tomorrow either because we've got Connor's IEP meeting at 11:30. He's a very time-consuming kid. If he isn't too miserable, I might take him for a long walk in the jogging stroller when I get home, or dust off one of my old Tamilee Webb Buns of Steel videos.

Connor was up until 1:30 a.m. so I ended up doing my pilates workout with him underfoot, literally. It's all mat work with a resistance band, and he thought it was a great challenge to try to remove the band from my foot while I was doing the exercises. He never got the band, but he was plunked down at the end of the mat through half of the workout, so it wasn't much of a workout.

Food yesterday was a repeat of my usual, although I had an actual sandwich for lunch (chicken, lettuce, and tomato on multigrain bread) instead of yogurt. I was just saying to Katie last night that I thought that eating well and exercising was supposed to give you MORE energy. It doesn't seem to be working that way with me. I'm every bit as tired and dragged out now as I was when I was a slug who ate junk. So why not get my daily calories from Milky Way bars and a vitamin?

No comments: