Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Already off-track for exercise

I did not get out to the gym yesterday; nor did I do aerobics at home. I've been tired and achy and I have a sinus headache that's been going off and on for 24 hours now. Alexander claims he feels fine, though he has laryngitis and a temperature two degrees above normal. (Though he's definitely not as energetic as he sometimes is.) Why do I have to be such a pill about a cold, when he's so sweet and cheerful with a full-blown virus?

I ate the usual breakfast, lunch of turkey and provolone on whole wheat with milk to drink, a snack of almonds, dinner of brunswick stew (very healthy!) and half a slice of white bread-machine bread (which Alexander made -- I would have gone for something more elaborate and possibly whole grain, but it was his idea, so it was his choice), and dessert of a small helping of chocolate ice cream (which felt fabulous on my throat -- I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain that eating-ice-cream feeling all day without actually eating myself to death!). I got no fruit all day -- it was unusually unappetizing to me. I did a little better on vegetables than usual because the stew is full of them, though I overdid starches because the stew is also full of those! I'm not eating much differently while I'm sick-ish, so I really do need to get back to exercise, but, oh, it's hard to find the energy...

No comments: