Thursday, October 13, 2005

Men and soda weight...

You will be amazed at how much Daniel will lose just by giving up soda. Joe lost something like 10 lbs with only a partial switch--he started using diet in his rum and cokes on the weekend. didn't Charles lose an incredible amount by doing the same? I seem to recall Katie and/or Amy discussing this at one point. Regardless--very good for Daniel even if it will make me jealous :)

I, however, gave up regular soda ions ago and it made no difference. Darn female anatomy. I bet if I gave up eating I'd gain 5 lbs!

I have been starving today, and I already ate my morning and afternoon snacks and it isn't lunch time. I think I'll go get a salad for lunch; I was scheduled to have yogurt with granola and an apple, but somehow I don't think that will cut it.

I need to get savvy about adding exercise into my day. When I wait until I get home from work I tend to be so exhausted even if I exercise it is half-hearted. And the mere thought of getting up earlier that I already do (5:30 am) just makes me even more tired. How do I combat this? I am not really a night owl through the week (the whole 5:30 wake up puts a snag in this) so I feel like the only time to exercise if between 6 and 8 pm.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah - Charles lost ALL of his weight exclusively by giving up soda. When I say ALL, I mean something like 60 pounds. He also works out on a regular basis and is a vegetarian - but he was a vegetarian when he was big too. He started eating seafood after he met Katie and me - and I wonder if that helped him round out his diet with more protein and fewer carbs. Vegetarians I think end up with a lot of fat and carbs by avoiding meat.