Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A good day demolished

I ate well through most of today. I had my usual breakfast and yogurt, turkey lunchmeat, and toast (barely buttered) for lunch. I had a carrot for a snack and then for dinner I had leftover sloppy joes. So far, so good, though I needed more fruits and vegetables. But then I had chips and cheese dip -- though I tried to keep it to one serving on the chips, and I didn't overdo the cheese -- and a beer, and then a slice of cake. Fortunately that's the end of the cake. If I had eaten better (more, and a better balance) during the day I wouldn't have been so hungry come 10 pm. Shame on me!

I did 45 minutes on the bike at the gym and burned 368 calories (they say), nearly 100 more than my first trip out several weeks ago. I felt good doing it -- I had it at a level 6 for the first half, and then I bumped it up to a 7 for the second half, and further up for the last "hill". I'm amazed at how much my fitness has improved in a month. Even if I'm not getting much skinnier, I am definitely getting stronger!

No comments: