Saturday, October 29, 2005

Talking to myself

This blog gets mighty quiet on the weekends! But I'm still going to post today just to keep myself honest. I did exercise today -- I went to the gym this morning and did 40 minutes on the bike at level 7. My legs were a bit tired from yesterday so I wasn't able to bump the level up as I went along at all, especially since my heart rate went over 180 on the last big spike in the workout. It's been so satisfying to see the level increase steadily over the last seven weeks, but I think I'm going to have to stick to 7 for a long time now.

I got four days of exercise total this week. I'm starting to get back to a more substantial exercise schedule at last -- I can't believe how much this virus set me back, in so many ways.

I ate my usual breakfast, and for lunch I had a PB&J sandwich and a glass of milk. (I've been wanting peanut butter for a while now but the regular stuff is too high in fat, so yesterday I bought lower-fat peanut butter. But when I got home I discovered the calorie level is exactly the same in both!! It is lower fat, and it tastes exactly the same to me, so it's probably better than the usual stuff. But to save on calories I just had to cut way back on how much I used on the sandwich, and it wasn't as good as a sandwich that's heavy with peanut butter.) I had a small box of raisins, a banana, and I think some almonds for snacks. And a marshmallow -- the marshmallows in our cabinet are starting to get stale, which tells you how good I've been lately, since normally I eat them up long before this point! I took the kids to a friend's house while I cantored tonight, and when I got back the kids had already eaten, so they offered me some dinner as well. So I had some very yummy beef stew and two slices of pizza without sauce (just cheesy bread, I guess) -- they were tiny wedges, and she served me two so I didn't feel it would be polite not to eat them.

My weight was still under 160 this morning, so the loss appears to be real!

No comments: