Monday, October 24, 2005

OK, I REALLY have to get better about this!

It has officially been TWO WEEKS since I've posted! I normally manage to at least read it every day or two, and post at least once a week, but these past two weeks have been really bad! I don't know what happened to me, except that we've had standardized testing for the last week and I was helping with that in the other classrooms. Today was the last day of testing, and I didn't have anywhere else to be helping out for a change, so I managed to sit here the entire time. And did I post? Nooooooooo. But I am now.

Hey Barb! Welcome!

OK, so last week's weigh-in was 152.4, I believe. Something like that. This week I've been hovering around the 151 mark, with a low today of 150.2. This means that I'm bound to have my typical weigh-in day jump, and I'll be back in the 152s tomorrow. Sigh. Ah, well. Sarah and I have agreed that if we both break the 150 mark the same weigh in day, the person with the lower weight wins. I'm inclined to think that will be Sarah, but maybe the Girl Scouts will come to my rescue! =)

Today I managed to oversleep (my alarm didn't go off, and though I normally leave at about 7:30, I woke up at 7:33 today--and STILL managed to be at work by 7:45--how amazing is that?) and so I forgot to grab my lunch on the way out the door. Fortunately I had the break all morning, so I went home and got it and some coffee. So I've had oatmeal for breakfast, leftover spinach lasagna for lunch (which Let's Dish calls "Three Cheese Lasagna" but Amy and Julie and I all seem to think that calling it Vegetarian or Spinach lasagna will save us on the fat!), blueberries for a snack (yes Amy finally got them!) , string cheese and Wheat Thins for another snack. I've still got carrots and V8 and applesauce to ingest before dinner.

I, too, have been doing the calorie-counting thing, on and off. I was aiming for less than 1800 calories a day, but I've been finding that it's a push to even take in 1500 calories in a day. And therein lies the danger for me--10 o'clock at night, I find out I've only eaten 1400 calories, and suddenly I think "huh! I can still have another 400 calories!! Where's that beer? (or ice cream, or cookies, or fruit snacks or whatever)" I need to just stop at the 1400 calories and call it a day.

Oh! The string cheese Amy and I got has trivia questions on it! Here's your question for today:

What is a pig's gruntle?

No comments: