Thursday, October 20, 2005

Remember when?

Mom - sometimes I wish for the good old days when you would pack our lunches, tells us what snack we could have after school and then feed us a healthy dinner. We had treats and desserts, but they weren't unlimited. It is like Julie said - they were treats! I wonder, however, if that somehow affected my psyche though. It was great - in retrospect - to have a controlled diet, but I wonder how much the whole "did I get MY share" attitude we had as siblings led to the "hide in my room and eat the whole box of cookies" I tend to have now.

Good job on walking at work Julie!! I wish I could plan my days better! I keep saying I am going to start walking - but never do. Then I find that it is 6:45 and I am still at work and haven't taken a lunch break yet. Sigh.

I have (had) trouble with my shins hurting when I walk too! I asked the cute trainer boy at the gym about it and he gave me a miracle cure for the problem. He said all it is is your shin muscles aren't as developed as your calf muscles. SO what you do is a VERY simple exercise that you can do sitting right at your desk. Point your toe straight out in front of you and draw each letter of the alphabet in the air with your big toe. Then do it again on the other side. It took just one or two sessions of this to cure me of my shin problem that I have had ALL of my life.

No comments: