Tuesday, October 18, 2005

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

OK... I have been so darn good with my food! (With a few acceptable non-good things, very rarely - but strategically done so I don't give up.) I wasn't great with exercise last week, but I have done virtually nothing for the past three days but strip wall paper and paint walls, doors, and more freaking ugly brown trim (painting it white) than you can possibly imagine. I am so sore today I can barely move...................... But what did the scale say this morning? 209! UP! I have gone UP .6 of a pound.

What really isn't fair is that on Friday I was 206.6, Saturday I was 206.2. Sunday I forgot to weigh myself. I know what happened. I had such an upset stomach on Sunday (I think maybe because of paint fumes? Maybe it was drinking the night before, but Katie had it too - and she wasn't drinking on Saturday (at least not with me). The paint also had a particularly strong smell to it too... ANYWAY - before I left for Dad's birthday party, I took an Imodium AD. That did the trick on Sunday, and everything is just stock piling now. Shoot! You know, if I had just kept running I would be 204 today!! Sigh.

So the painting is coming along nicely. We finished the kitchen last night (at 11:30pm!) and got a good start on the hall. The trim is what is holding us up. The ugly grey, brown that it was before is taking about 12 coats of white to cover it up. It is very slow going... But we have at least two coats on all of it now - so just need to do a few more. We started on the green by the front door and the wall by the kitchen, so you can see what it is going to look like. It is so much less dreary than the wall paper. Julie - You didn't get rid of your old curtains yet did you? They would probably be perfect in my new kitchen. I will have to take a look at them again...

No comments: