Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Take your pick

When I weighed in this morning, I was 149.2--down over a pound and a half from last week. Then I took a shower and afterwards, because I'm obsessive, I weighed myself again because I was curious about how much my wet hair weighs. I was 148.6. I moved the scale and tried again. 148.6. Is that weird, or what? All I can figure is that the steam from the shower must have sweated off any excess water weight I had (either that or the steam from the shower makes the scale inaccurate!), although you'd think it would be compensated for by the wet hair. It's not as if I have short, thin hair. In any event, I'm going with the first weight as my official Tuesday weight (unless, of course, Katie came in lower, in which case I'll go with 148.6!).

Sounds so far as if everyone is seeing good news today! Great job, everyone!

Did I already post my theory of exercise here? OK, I did last Thursday--it's the theory that says that the reason exercise makes the stress of the day disappear is because the exercise itself is more stressful than anything else that you can't get beyond your current misery to think about other problems. So true. I hate exercising too, but I'm managing a lot more than I thought I'd be able to by breaking it into two sessions most days (which the magazines assure me is every bit as good as or even better than doing it all at once). Half an hour midday, then another 20 minutes at night. I'm also finding that the worst part of any exercise session is the first half of it. I always figure that that's because it takes my body a while to adjust to what I'm doing to it!

I made tacos with the ground beef last night. We only had huge, burrito-sized tortillas, so I tore one in half and Claire had one half and I had the other. I loaded on the lettuce and tomato and only put a small amount of cheese. Before bedtime, I had a cup of tea with four of the G.S. cafe cookies (which are really good dipped in tea). I also did the pilates abs video. I wonder if it's physically possible to do a move called "the teaser?" I don't think my body goes in that position! I think I'm going to pull out the "advanced" pilates dvd tonight--I haven't even taken the plastic off of it yet, and I hear it's a killer (it's 50 minutes instead of the usual 20 to 25 minutes).

No comments: