Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I wimped out

I didn't exercise today. I just didn't have it in me. Daniel ran for 45 minutes yesterday and his body couldn't take a workout today, so I would have been on my own. Up until about 4 I had every intention of going to the gym, but I just couldn't make myself go. Considering that I feel completely wiped out at 10 pm (and usually I'm in good shape until 11 or 12) I think that was the right decision, but I still hate missing a day after such a poor weekend. Does installing car seats count as aerobic exercise? It's certainly worthy of toning. Today I moved Mary's car seat to the other side of the van, Alexander's into Cecilia's seat, and Mary's outgrown car seat into Alexander's new spot. Installing three car seats in one go is brutal and took as long as a workout. So maybe I did exercise today.

I had my usual breakfast. For lunch I had ham and lettuce on whole wheat, and for a snack I had an apple. For dinner we had sloppy joes (a Heart Association recipe that has you drain the fat from the beef as much as you can) on sesame seed buns (not whole grain, I know -- I desperately need to go grocery shopping, and this was the only dinner I could come up with based on the food we had on hand, except for burgers or spaghetti, and we've just had both of those, and they're even less healthy). I also had a caesar salad (and I still need to find low-fat caesar dressing -- Kroger didn't have any except for caesar vinaigrettes, which I don't like). For dessert Daniel and I got rid of the last of the homemade vanilla ice cream in the freezer -- now, wasn't that good of us, cleaning out the freezer that way? I also worked on getting rid of the Heath bar pieces we have, so I was cleaning out my cabinet, too!

I keep forgetting to list my chocolate square each day -- Daniel got me a bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares for my birthday, and I've been eating them at a rate of one a day! I'm enjoying this -- in the past they'd have been long gone by five days after my birthday, but instead I still have over half the bag to go (Mary and Alexander each ate one, or else I'd still have two thirds of the bag left -- they're not very big bags). Yum. And dark chocolate is almost healthy.

No comments: