Monday, October 24, 2005

Make that a snowy Monday

Not real snow, though -- we had sleet around noon and then rain and snow mixed together for a few hours in the afternoon. Just a mess. I had no interest in leaving the house. But Daniel called and told me he was coming home so I could go to the gym, so when he got here I went. I did 40 minutes on the recumbent bike at level 7 and it was tough -- I'm not sure if this is the effect of pushing myself a bit too hard on Saturday or if this bike is tougher than the one I was on last week; I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bikes were a bit inconsistent. But I made myself finish (actually the hardest part was about a minute before the halfway point -- I couldn't quite handle the spike in the routine there) so I can start feeling like I'm back on the wagon now.

Except for food, that is. I had the normal breakfast and I had lunch of yogurt and a slice of (apparently) partially whole wheat raisin bread, toasted (the loaf was a friend's contribution to Saturday's party, and lucky for me only half of it was eaten), and milk to drink. I had canteloupe and almonds for snacks. For dinner I ate a good-sized salad (with dressing, not low-fat, I'm sorry to say -- curse the day I ever discovered Caesar dressing) and a smallish slice of pepperoni pizza, but I was still hungry so I ate a slice of cheese pizza. I also had a medium glass of riesling. I didn't have a dessert but I did have a very small handful of Doritos just before I posted here.

My weight has been fluctuating between 160 and 162 since last Tuesday, so I don't know what I'm going to see tomorrow. I think I'm the worst eater on the blog! I don't get good balance (though I can tell I'm not overeating on the starchy foods as much as I did before) and I don't count calories. It's a wonder I'm losing weight at all!

No comments: