Monday, October 17, 2005

'Twas the night before weigh-in

Not that I'm expecting tomorrow to be Christmas-like, or anything. But my weight does seem to be down again this week, despite my overall lack of exercise. Today I'm back on track, eating reasonably well (as well as ever, anyway, which isn't saying much) and exercising. We went to the gym and I did 40 minutes on the bike -- I anticipated it being rotten because I haven't moved much in a week, but Daniel commented going into it that I might find the rest did me good, and he was right. I ended up doing it at the same level as I was using the last time, ages ago, and it seemed easier than it had been then.

I had my usual breakfast today, and for lunch I had tuna and toast. I had raisins and almonds for snacks in the afternoon, and for dinner I had chicken (leftover white barbecue grilled chicken breasts; I ate less than half a breast, because the breast pieces you can buy these days are so huge) and a half a baked potato, plus a caesar salad and several cucumber slices. And I had a marshmallow and two chocolate chips. My chocolate from my birthday is gone -- I ate it one piece a day and enjoyed every piece thoroughly, and it lasted until yesterday. :-)

I don't remember all I ate this weekend; on Saturday we went to a cookout and I felt like I ate an enormous quantity of food, although a large portion of it was healthy -- grilled chicken, asparagus (in garlic and probably a lot of butter, so not *that* healthy), a pasta salad with a lot of vegetables (and not much pasta) -- it was scrumptious. I did eat apple crisp with ice cream for dessert, and I did have a beer, so maybe that's why I felt so full. I also ate two waffles at breakfast yesterday morning, but, then, we don't eat much lunch on Sundays, so that wasn't that huge of a meal in the grand scheme of things. But I was relieved to arrive at Monday and be able to get back to a normal diet and exercise routine!

No comments: