Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm worn out

I just posted a comment to Amy below about Connor's sleep schedule this week--he keeps staying up really late or waking up at 4 or 5 a.m. (depending on what his temperature is doing). Today he was up at 3:50 a.m. (and so was I, obviously) then didn't fall back to sleep until just after 7, by which time I had to be well on my way to getting ready for work. And today's schedule was brutal--work from 8:30 to 11:00, go to Connor's IEP meeting (where we were told that his fine motor abilities and self-help skills are that of a 12 month old), back to work for another meeting, home to take over so Brian could go to work, immediately left again to take Claire to Brownies, come home to make food for the investitute potluck, then back to Brownies to spend two hours chasing Connor around in a noisy, crowded room, and finally home in time to start getting the kids ready for bed. Right now I'm supposed to be overseeing getting Claire in bed, but instead I'm typing this. I hate days like this. It doesn't help that I'm p.m.s.'ing so I have to really struggle to not get completely crabby and to avoid blowing up at stupid things.

Food today: one boiled egg and toast with apple butter for breakfast, almonds, piece of leftover pizza for lunch, apple for snack, potluck for dinner--I had salad with no dressing, one bite of tomato and mozzarella salad (it wasn't very good), a small serving of Chinese sesame noodles and chicken, lemonade, and two and a half sugar cookies (Katie had the same number of cookies--they were really good!). I came home and had a glass of milk.

If I can get the kids asleep in the next hour, I'm going to do the pilates 20 minute workout.

Last night I did the Buns of Steel Platinum 2000 workout--it dates from when having "2000" in your title meant that you were really cutting edge. The video is about 12 years old and is led by ex-cheerleaders on speed. They all have chisled hair and make-up (and jewelry!) and are wearing electric blue or magenta leotards with the leg holes cut up to their waists. And they NEVER stop smiling. What's wrong with these people? All that stuff you hear about how exercise makes you forget the stress of the day and makes you leave all your worries behind is true--but only because you're so bloody miserable while you're exercising that it eclipses all other pain and suffering. But anyway, it was a good workout--30 minutes of aerobics followed by 20 minutes of toning (about a hundred squats and lunges), although the pace of the toning was very fast, so it kept my heart rate up. I was sweating like a pig by the end. Adding to the excitement was having a coffee table, a thousand toys, and Connor underfoot.

No comments: