Thursday, October 27, 2005

Getting tired of 160s!

Every night for the several days I've weighed myself and I've been close to 160 (anywhere from a half pound to two pounds over), which meant with enough water loss and nursing overnight I could see 159.5 or lower in the morning, if I got lucky. But every day -- despite a baby who has nursed all night, every night -- I'm still just over, or at 160.0. I'm having the imodium effect without the imodium, and I think that's the reason. But it's very annoying.

I exercised yesterday -- 35 minutes on the bike at level 7, for about 10.5 miles -- but not on Tuesday, because Tuesday I found myself in motion non-stop for most of the day and I genuinely didn't find the time. Today I didn't exercise; I have to finish Cecilia's costume if I want her to wear it to the preschool party tomorrow, but it's barely started! It is all cut out, though, and that's the most tedious part. But I needed to go to Joann's and get snap tape, and that slowed me down as well. Grumble. Tomorrow I will exercise.

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast, and I had a skim latte (and a bite of Mary's cookie, and a sip of her hot chocolate) mid-morning. For lunch I had some lunchmeat and a couple of whole wheat waffles (but only one with margarine and syrup) -- the waffles were a treat for Mary's birthday. I don't think I had any snacks after lunch; I was running around for a good portion of the afternoon. For dinner I had spaghetti and meatballs -- but a small portion of spaghetti and only three meatballs -- and a caesar salad and some cucumber slices. And milk to drink. Dessert was cake, of course, and I didn't have a super-small piece but it could have been worse. Then I was totally stuffed.

Today I had my usual breakfast (I chose raisin bran cereal in the hopes that my intestines will resume normal function) and for lunch I had lunchmeat and raisin bread, toasted with margarine. I had snacks of canteloupe, almonds and a piece of string cheese (but Alexander ate a lot of the cheese). Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs again, the same amount as yesterday, with a side of green pepper slices (about a third of a pepper -- Mary ate several pieces of the half I cut up). Again, I'm stuffed. Spaghetti is a heavy dinner! I will allow myself a piece of cake again, mostly to see that it gets used up, but I'm going to wait on that. Daniel is out of town now until Monday so I'm less likely to find myself eating chips before bedtime, so I can afford dessert once in a while. :)

No comments: