Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Roundup

Hey All!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It was a busy weekend (except for today) and not a great one as far as eating and exercise go.

Friday Katie and I went up to the bluegrass festival in Arcadia - and had a great time (well, at least I did - I assume she did too since she was smiling and laughing most of the time). I was pretty good with my food intake on Friday. I had my usual whole grain cereal with skim milk, and fruit snack. I had a reduced fat p,b & pickle sandwich for lunch. I had a yogurt when I got home from work (a little after 4 since I was going to Arcadia). Then - at the festival I had about 2 1/2 ciders. We went home for dinner around 7:30 and I had brown rice and pulled pork with snow peas. I wasn't really that hungry since I had been drinking. Then we went BACK to Arcadia (good thing it is close) and I drank about another 2 1/2 ciders. Ugh - empty calories - but I was really thirsty - and I had forgotton my water... and campfires, and music and all that stuff. I really couldn't help it. Around about midnight we decided that hot dogs over the fire sounded like a REALLY good idea. So I had one of those too. I didn't have the cookies that were passed around however. I came home around one smelling like a very smoky fire.

Saturday was Heathers wedding. I slept late and then rushed to make her a card, get dressed and leave for the wedding (which was at noon). I didn't eat anything before that (bad bad me!) We ended up getting lost and not allowing enough time to get to Bel Air - so we totally missed the ceremony! I am SO upset over that. She had a tea for her reception - with yummy finger sandwiches, and scones, and mini desserts. I did pretty good... I did, however, drink again - blue raspberry martinis. They were yummy too! I had about three I think. I caught the bouquet - but the taller bridesmaid behind me snatched it out of my hands. Sigh - story of my life... Oh well - I teased her about stealing my bouquet the rest of the afternoon - and at least I didn't have to go through the garter ritual then. 8-b

Katie and I napped instead of exercised yesterday afternoon - and then had repeats of Fridays dinner. We went to the Friendly Inn for more bluegrass music and ONCE AGAIN drank a couple of mixed drinks. At least they are small at the Friendly.

Today I have been a big slug - after church I had yogurt and grapenuts. Then I had an egg sandwich for lunch. I went to the grocery store and spent my last $$$ on fruit and cottage cheese and other healthy lunch stuff. I also ate another pop tart - and have had the WORST reflux all afternoon. WHY do I do that????

I am now all geared up to do some aerobics - which I desparately need!

I hope to get back on track by tomorrow - and hopefully will reverse the negative affects of this weekend before I have to weigh in on Tuesday.

No comments: