Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sharing

I have a Weight Watchers online login and I thought I would share it with everyone.

www.weightwatchers.com

username: jspang1
password: aq1245

Most useful parts of the site are being able to get points values for every day foods and for restaurant foods, like Subway or Quiznos. You can also calculate points values for foods not on their lists by entering the calories, fat and fiber per serving. You may be surprised to find how many foods you think are healthy end up having relatively high points values when you are trying to stay within your range. There is also a list of "No Points" foods where one serving does not impact your daily allowance.

For reference, my weight is allowed 22 points per day and 35 flex points per week. You get extra if you are nursing, but I am not sure what the ratio is on that.

I have not been successful using Weight Watchers but I do like being able to compare foods using their point system, especially when I am going out to lunch somewhere. It helps me chose the "least evil" food on the menu before I even walk into the place. And just FYI: That Noodle place in Hunt Valley is death on a plate. You can get the nutritional info on their website, and when you plug those numbers into the points calculator your jaw will hit the floor.

No comments: