Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday noon

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast and lunch, with my 8 almond snack, but I gave into a yen for chocolate and ate one double stuff Oreo (70 calories). I'd had a frustrating day trying to get my serger threaded and to stay threaded--I still haven't succeeded. For supper we had tuna patties. I meant to use two cans of tuna, since Brian and the children were here, but I discovered I only had one can--highly unusual for us. So I was going to switch to canned salmon instead, but the can was old and looked a little bulgy, so I threw it out and added more crackers to the patties! I only ate one, with a baked potato and Smart Balance, and some canned corn and salad. I had a bowl of cereal at bedtime, and Dick pointed out to me that the cereal was 220 calories for 2/3 cup. I tend to eat more than that, so I have to find something else!

This morning we went for a walk in the heat and took our usual route. Yesterday evening we added a loop, but it was too hot this morning.

Yesterday I also planted seven more mums, around the corner of the wall from the others. Dick did the hard work of digging the holes and breaking through the weed stems, but I did have to kneel down and place the plants and refill the holes, and water the plants in.

I didn't weed this morning, but I will get back to it Monday.

Mary

No comments: