Monday, September 26, 2005

Doritos are lower-cal than tortilla chips!

I know this because I found myself desperately wanting something salty, so I compared the nutrition data on them, and the Doritos were ten calories and one gram of fat lower per ounce. So I ate half an ounce, and it took care of the salt craving.

I was pretty good today -- my usual breakfast of cereal (Raisin Bran -- tomorrow's weigh-in day), milk, and OJ (but not quite a full glass -- I didn't want to have to mix more), then lunch of yesterday's dinner leftovers (half a chargrilled chicken breast, some rice pilaf, and about half a breadstick -- Alexander helped himself to the rest). I had snacks of raisins and a banana. Dinner was leftover beef stew and a small slice of the bread machine bread, toasted with a bit of margarine. And milk to drink. Oh, and I had one nutter butter after lunch and one chocolate chip cookie after dinner -- there were so many cookies in the house so I'm glad I kept it to so few!

I spent 45 minutes on the bike at the gym and kept it at a level 6 all the way, yay, me! 346 calories, the machine said. I know I've lost one pound this week (if it stays gone tomorrow) but I'm hoping for more!

No comments: