Monday, September 19, 2005

Oh...bad, bad, bad me

Well - I must say that as eating goes I wasn't too horrible. Friday I did my normal set schedule of food (ugh - carrots and all) and then when I got home for work I preped for the party. I actually didn't do too badly there - I mostly nibbled at the baked tortilla chips and salsa. I had a few veggies dipped in the garlic horseradish stuff. I did eat the corner of one no pudge brownie. We went out afterwards and Katie ordered the tuna sashimi (seared tuna on lettuce) which I had about 3 slices. BUT - I had two apple ciders and a hypnotique martini. GRRR.

Saturday - I was being good again - I had yogurt for breakfast, wheat thins for a morning class - then I cooked lunch for Katie and me - I can' remember what we had - Let's Dish something... OH! Tequila shrimp and rice - low fat, lots of tomatoes, and brown rice. That was healthy. THEN - Saturday night was the block party. Ohhhhhhh. Again! Eating I was pretty good. I had about half a hamburger - no cheese... and a few bites of pasta salad - with tomatoes and stuff again. BUT there was the darn drinking again!!! I drank a LOT of empty calories that night.

Sunday was better - I didn't drink at all. I had yogurt with grapenuts for breakfast and fresh fruit as a morning snack. Katie and I went for Sushi in the mid afternoon - which was lunch. Sushi isn't BAD - and we didn't eat WAY too much like we normally do. Dinner we had grilled chicken, snow peas and grilled carrots and potatoes. We packed our lunches for today and then I had some pistachio nuts. That was it. No alcohol at all.

Exercise was OK. Nothing on Friday - and we hadn't worked out on Thursday either for whatever reason. Saturday we did out upper body toning video and Sunday we did our aerobic video. Saturday night - I must say - in spite of all of the drinking - I got LOTS of exercise... running around, jumping up and down, dancing. I was VERY sore the next day. You know - if I drank WAY too much all of the time I would probably be skinny! (Well, except for the vast quantities of empty calories!!)

So - today I am resolved to be good again. 8-)

No comments: