Thursday, September 15, 2005

Not making a lot of progress--

I keep eating too much cereal at breakfast, and making the wrong things for dinner. Of course Dad needs the calories, so I should just control my portion size.

I have been having my usual breakfast and lunch, and Sarah gave you our dinner menu for last night. I can't remember if I had an extra round of almonds or not yesterday! I know I had 8 almonds when we got home from Dad's procedure at Sinai, but I can't remember if I had more later. Otherwise, I finished the day with a small slice of canteloupe.

This morning I did not get up to weed! I slept until 9:30, and after breakfast Dad and I walked about a mile in Springdale. it wasn't hot, but very humid and it made us both tired--especially the uphill bit.

When we got home I got out and planted the 16 mums we bought Monday. Dad preceded me and dug 16 holes with a shovel, which made him very tired, and I loosened up the dirt and broke up clumps and planted the little plants. I filled in the holes and watered each one. I was so proud! I have done very little gardening in my life. Then I decided I wanted to put mums on the north side of our front wall as well, so I personally dug out those two beds with Dad's shovel and got rid of a lot of grass and weeds. Tomorrow I want to go to Lowe's and buy 8 more mums, and maybe some for the pots we like to put on the porch. I could really get in to this gardening thing! I was all hot and sweaty, and twice I got sweat in my eyes. So I went inside and we turned the air-conditioning back on, and I took a shower. Surely I burned a few calories outside today. We will probably take another walk tonight if it isn't raining.

I will have my almonds shortly, and for dinner we will have leftover lasagna.

All my muscles are sore!

No comments: