Friday, September 16, 2005

A usual day for me...except dessert

Yesterday I had my usual frosted cheerios for breakfast. I can't eat the regular ones without a cup of sugar so I eat the frosted ones and don't have to add anything to them. I've never actually looked at the sugar content. I'll have to do that tomorrow at the grocery store to see how it stacks up to other cereals.

At lunch I attended a luncheon for one of our clients who is leaving for another job and it was slim pickings for something healthy to eat. I had a finger-food size chicken salad sandwich and a similar size roast beef sandwich, a small scoop of slimy macaroni salad and a small scoop of even slimier cold slaw. And I had regular pepsi because there was nothing else to drink. I'll rationalize that the bad food was offset by the 1 mile walk each way between Baltimore City DPW and MD SHA. Although it was so incredibly hot I could hardly stand the walk, and I usually enjoy it. I have to wear long sleeves to work because of the temperture that is maintained in the office, but then to walk a mile in the smothering heat yesterday I really thought I was going to melt by the time I made it back to DPW after the luncheon.

For dinner we ate Let's Dish provencal herb chicken with rice and broccoli. I ate about half of mine, but I did give Joe all the broccoli because I hate that stuff. The real downfall to the day was our dessert--we each had a chocolate cake from Let's Dish. That was so tasty. The one thing that was good I suppose was that I didn't eat all of it either. Probably a bite more than half. It was really rich and I drank an entire bottle of water afterwards. I know that if I try to stay away from yummy stuff altogether I will never stick to this, so I'm planning that a dessert like that once a week should be enough to keep me happy.

My biggest problem times of the day are mid-afternoon at work and then right when I get home because Joe isn't home until 2 hours later. At work I want to hit the vending machine, and at home I just open every cupboard & the fridge looking for something to munch on. Luckily there isn't much there at the moment, and I think I'll have to continue that trend until I can control my desire to graze. Yesterday I managed to occupy myself with cleaning the kitchen and bathroom until Joe came home.

No comments: