Friday, September 23, 2005

The Scale Must Be Broken!

I am down to 209.4!!! Woo-hoo! I really expected to get on the scale and have it be up. For some reason I was feeling fat - but NOPE! That kickboxing really pays off. So does NOT getting up for a bedtime snack at 11pm.

SIX POUNDS total so far! Granted, this isn't official weigh-in day, and I KNOW that weight has extreme ups and downs - but STILL - SIX POUNDS! That - I think was the total amount I lost over seven weeks when I did Body for Life several years ago. Now - I do know with that I was getting in MUCH better shape - my butt wasn't quite as floppy then - but from sheer poundage this is much better. Also - when I did Jenny Craig the first time (the only time it really worked) the total I lost was 13 pounds - again over about 10 weeks.

The best thing so far is that this time doesn't seem like it is torture. I don't MIND saying no to goodies, and I have really been enjoying the veggies. The exercise has been sort of fun - and not too hard to be consistent about.

I know it is too soon to really judge - but I think this time might actually be the one that works. I DON'T feel like I am on a diet - I just feel like I am forming much more positive habits.

It must be that tapping thing Katie and I did to quit smoking. Now - all of my electrons, or whatever, are aligned and so my life is coming together too. 8-)

No comments: