Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One week down...seven million to go...

Well, yesterday at weigh-in (and today again, too, I checked, so it's not just a fluke) I was down 3 pounds. Woo hoo!! I weigh in at 155 now, and am feeling pretty good about my progress, especially since at one point last week I hit 160 (but no WAY was I telling you guys that!). I have found that the diet and exercise routine that Amy and I are doing are actually kind of satisfying. Oddly enough. I find that I'm hungry at appropriate times, and that when I eat I feel satisfied, if not actually all-the-way full. And for some strange reason, I find that I occasionally am in the mood to...brace youself...work out!! I know, I know, it's strange, but I hope I don't get over it.

I don't know that I entirely trust our scale at home, and I'm jealous of all of you with your "oh, it's 152.4763 pounds!" so starting tomorrow I'm going to go to the scale in the nurses office at least once a week and weigh in there. That way I'll know I'm getting a nice, accurate, medical weight. Plus I'll have 5 more people keeping track of me. Yes, five. We have a lot of nurses. I'm a bit worried, though, because I think our skiniest nurse weighs in at about 250 pounds. hmmm....

Oh! Hey!! I have another success to share. Amy and I have been including 2 hershey's kisses (with caramel) in our lunches, and I've had the same 2 in my bag since Friday, I believe. I know this because I just reached in there to grab my applesauce and once again moved them out of the way!!

Food intake today was exactly like Amy's, only in a different order: cereal and milk for breakfast, wheat thins and V8 for morning snack, diet peanut butter and pickle sandwich for lunch, yogurt for afternoon snack. I still have my salad from lunch and my applesauce from breakfast to eat (the applesauce I'm eating now, if I can get it open). I would have eaten the salad already, but I forgot a fork, and I have no bowl, and so eating salad would be difficult out of a bag with a spoon. I could go up to the faculty lounge at this point and get both, but it's already almost 6, so I think I'll just go home.

Oh, Welcome Julie!!

No comments: